Do you live in a small one or two bedroom property and are thinking of moving home to somewhere within the UK, perhaps you are thinking of emigrating and moving home to France, Spain or Portugal. Or maybe you live in a larger home and want to do a part move. Wherever you live you probably realised quite early on that moving house, especially to another country, can clearly be a traumatic, stressful and obviously costly experience.
In addition to the stress and trauma associated with domestic removals, house moving costs have risen alarmingly over the past few years and you will certainly need to know the full costs of the move before you make your final decision.
There are literally hundreds of home removal companies out there who will, on the face of it, be more than capable of undertaking a small house move and meeting your needs but there are certainly some questions you need to ask, not only of yourselves but more importantly, of the company you are thinking of choosing.
- Are they really as professional as they appear?
- Do they have a provable track record?
- Do they have the proper insurances in place?
- When they quote you for your house move will it be an inclusive figure or are there hidden extras?
- Can they meet your house moving deadline or will there be delays?
We consider ourselves to be professional and caring. Our track record can be clearly and easily proven by the amount of positive feedback, viewable on this and other websites that we have received for our house moving services. We have the proper insurances in place and in fact the Goods in Transit Insurance that we carry will insure your goods to the value of £35,000.00 and we will increase our cover instantly should the value of your possessions require it. Every quote we give is fully inclusive, no extras, EVER. House move costs are clearly high enough without the possibility of having hidden extras to cope with. We will also thoroughly discuss your moving dates and deadlines with you to ensure that everything goes according to plan.
But there are more questions that you need to ask your prospective mover and some of them might be…
- Is the vehicle suitable?
- Can we track the vehicle?
- Are blankets carried and more importantly used?
- Are tie down straps carried and used?
We will discuss the suitability of our vehicles with you especially for the delivery location which, if you are moving to France, Spain or Portugal is not only important but vital. We can ensure you that blankets and tie down straps are not only carried but are always used.
There are however some questions that we will ask you and we will need to know…
- What kind of access is there?
- Is parking going to be a problem?
- Are both properties on the ground floor?
- If not, are lifts (elevators) available?
- Will there be any fragile or high value goods to be carried?
- Will you require us to supply packing boxes and other packing materials?
- If moving home to another country are two or more men needed to unload?
- If more than one man is needed will there be someone else there to help with unloading or do we need to travel with two men?
These are just a few of the questions to be asked by both sides in order to make your move go easily and smoothly and to keep the stress and trauma to a minimum.
Over the last few years we have certainly moved dozens, if not hundreds of families homes and relocated them not only to a different town within the UK but in the majority of cases we have moved them to different countries within the EU.
We consider ourselves to be consummate professionals when it comes to small house moves and moving your treasured possessions and treat everything as if it were our own property. By doing this we ensure that your goods get to their destination in the same condition as when they were packed and loaded.
Evidently you could call us the small move company but in actual fact we are FM Transport the caring and professional Small House Moving Company.
If you are thinking of relocating your home to another location within the UK or to somewhere in Europe why not contact us either by email or phone for full details of our house moving services. We will be happy to discuss your requirements with you. Visit our quote page today.